Why online video is SUPER important for you and your business
- 01 Jun 2017
Video has gone viral!
I love the Internet; I consume it like it’s part of my daily diet. The main reason for this obsession is because, today, the Internet is home to some of the best ways to learn, share and gather information – and all for free, may I add!
Nowadays, on average people are spending upwards of 20 hours a week online, with the rise of mobile and the digital transformation that our society is going through, people now have access to more and more devices even when they’re on the go. Meaning that the web is more accessible than it ever has been before.
I also love video. Some might say that I consume it too much via the Internet, but with how easy it is, it’s hard not to gorge on the endless amounts of videos especially when we are offered content on an almost ‘all you can eat’ basis on virtually every app, platform or website.
It’s fair to say that it is huge. One organisation is even predicting that it will account for 79% of global Internet traffic by 2020 – up from 63% in 2015. At the moment 55% of people watch videos online every day.
So what’s the point in video and why has it become so critical for businesses to succeed?
More and more people are relying on videos to gain information instead of reading it and searching for it themselves, the amount of information you can condense into video for your audience is huge and would be a silly thing to miss out on. I’ll throw you some facts and figures to try and convince you that you need a video, at least somewhere on your website:
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in videos, compared to 10% when reading plain text.
- Videos are processed by the brain 60,000 times faster than text – meaning people are more likely to watch and engage with your brand in a video than in a static text format.
- Including video content on a landing page can increase conversions by up to 80%.
- 77% of professional marketers and SMB owners are seeing quantifiable results with video marketing.
- Online shoppers who view demos are 181% more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
I could go on and drown you in more facts, but the bottom line is, videos are taking over the web and because of its higher engagement levels can prove game changing for your company, products and website.
So why wouldn’t you invest?
Video Marketing at Rooster – We have all the gear AND all the ideas!
At Rooster we have state of the art video production facilities, with Cinema quality production cameras, electronic 3 axes stabilised gimbal, 4K drone along with CAA qualified pilots and full, up to date editing studio that can handle the little editing projects to the massively intense 3D graphics.
The best thing? All of our projects are produced and edited entirely by our in-house team, so we cut out the middleman – unlike many other production agencies.
But please don’t be scared off by all of this geek-speak, why not contact us today about your video production needs and we’ll be happy to talk to you over the phone or indeed to invite you down for a coffee and a chat! And who doesn’t want that?
Posted by Richard Wisby on 01 Jun 2017